Sunday, April 11, 2010

This is Me: After 30day Shred - April 5, 2010

Published by Mary at 10:58 AM



So this is me post-30 day shred. I wasn't that impressed with the visuals, which is why I wasn't all that eager to post this photo update. THE GOOD NEWS: when I took  a look at last month's update I do see change, but it's more an improvement in tone than a reduction in size.



I neglected to get my measurements, but I did record my weight at 155lbs - a 7lb loss. Not as much weight as I was hoping I'd lose, although I'm happy the 140s are within sniffing distance.

THE BEST NEWS: I am utterly amazed at how much stronger I am. I don't think my upper body has been this strong ever in my life and my lower body has toned up and reminds me of my dancer days. My cardio strength and lung capacity is also much improved. Best of all I have loads of energy and I feel really good. I love the no nonsense approach Jillian Michaels uses to get result. She's hardcore! Check her out mid-berate in the screencap below. She was telling a group of Biggest Loser Australia contestant to "toughen up!"



Honestly, though, the circuit training Jillian Michaels uses isn't the type I would incorporate into a long-term lifestyle. When it comes to maintenance, I'm more of a yoga, hiking, salsa dancing type of girl. I'm really excited that my newly made strength has made my yoga practice really take off. It feels amazing. Check out one of my favorite workouts - Yoga Sculpt at ExerciseTV.tv



0 comments:

Post a Comment