Thursday, April 1, 2010

Oh My Melons!

Published by Mary at 11:39 PM




Woohoo! I just finished day 28 of the 30 Day Shred and I am pumped (hence, the start woot)! Feeling especially strong and energetic today, I must be experiencing that homestretch wind at my back. That, or the cantaloupe I ate about 30 minutes before my workout is f*cking awesome. It's likely some of both, but here's a bit about the nutrition of this awesome fruit.




"
cantaloupe also qualified as a very good source of potassium and a good source of vitamin B6, dietary fiber, folate, and niacin (vitamin B3). The combination of all these B complex vitamins along with the fiber found in cantaloupe make it an exceptionally good fruit for supporting energy production through good carbohydrate metabolism and blood sugar stability. These B complex vitamins are required in our cells for processing carbohydrates (including sugars), and cantaloupe's fiber helps ensure cantaloupe's sugars are delivered into the bloodstream gradually, keeping blood sugar on an even keel." Read more at whfoods.com

DIET TRICK: To help you eat less, have a cup of cubes or ~ 1/4 of a cantaloupe before your meal. It's only 50-60 calories, it's delicious and it will fill your tummy up so you won't have room for those evil evil rolls!




Now enough about fruit, let's talk about melons. Specifically, my melons. They are actually not so much melon as grapefruit these days. And I LOVE it! Some people like giant tatas, but I always felt they made me look matronly. I've very happy with the natural reduction that my efforts. Stay tuned for my latest photo update coming up Monday. 3 days to 30!!!!!

Oh, and that t-shirt ^ is available for sale at Zazzle.com

photos: zazzle.com, whfoods.com, thedailygreen.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment