Friday, March 12, 2010

Nadine Coyle Skinny - Before & After

Published by Mary at 6:30 PM



Above left: Girls Aloud singer Nadine Coyle spotted in L.A. looking very skinny. Right: Nadine in 2003 looking healthy and trim.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is the type of thing that serves as inspiration to me. Not because I want to waste away to nothing they way this poor girl has - quite the opposite. It's photos like these that remind me that the healthy way is always going to be the best way. In some of my lowest points I've thought about starving myself and getting super skinny, like some sort of masochistic fashion-induced fairytale. In fact, that might be easier because it's a brainless, Jillian Michaels-free approach. But then I see photos like this and I remember that starvation is just sooo unattractive. Not to mention unhealthy!


***
Sources close to the singer insisted she was in 'great health' and was simply busy working hard on new material. However, as these pictures show, her weight seems to have fallen dramatically in the past year from a UK size 8 to what appears to be a U.S. size zero, or UK size 4.

"My weight fluctuates by half a stone. I'm a (British) size 6-8," Coyle said in a 2009 interview. "I don't like being too skinny. But I've always been really thin and I've been doing exercises that build up my muscle."

Last year, she reportedly shocked diners at upmarket restaurant The Ivy by producing a pair of scales from her bag to weigh out her food.

After measuring out a portion of plain fish with no vegetables, she sent half the dish back to the kitchen unfinished. A spokesman for Miss Coyle declined to comment
.

Source
***

My initial impetus on this weight loss journey was to get back to the size 6 that I was at a certain time in my life (and into a number of dresses that I've held onto). Now, however, I've truly taken on the stance the health is the #1 goal, no matter what size I am. I refuse to get caught up is some warped beauty standard that would have be aspire to be destructive to my body.

0 comments:

Post a Comment