Monday, March 8, 2010

400 Calorie Dinner: Tuna Steak & Quinoa

Published by Mary at 1:48 PM



This is a delicious meal that is very filling. In fact, I hate half and was feeling satisfied so I set the rest aside. I relaxed for about a half hour then proceeded to do my daily shred. After I came down from my exercise high I ate the rest - it was a perfect post sweat snack!
Eating in this way seems to follow the advice of many fitness gurus that advise us to eat light about 30 minutes before a workout so that your body had adequate fuel. In addition, eating proteins after your workout helps your muscles to restore the tiny tears that occur when you're working it.

In this meal:
4oz fresh tuna steak pan-seared in 1/2 tsp olive oil
1 cup of Seeds of Change quinoa mix
2 cups broccoli steamed with a touch of Maggi bouillon seasoning

Seeds of Change Cuzco Whole Grain Quinoa Blend, 5.6-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)Seeds of Change Uyuni, Quinoa & Whole Grain Brown, 8.5-Ounce (Pack of 12)NOW FOODS ORGANIC QUINOA GRAIN 1 LB

0 comments:

Post a Comment