Sunday, May 16, 2010

This is Me: May 16, 2010

Published by Mary at 3:36 PM



Wearing a size 6! After 15 months and several false starts I am thrilled to write that I wore a size six dress this weekend. Yay! This Cynthia Steffe dress was was not zipable back in early April, but now I can zip it up with no problem.







The most exciting thing is that I'm haven't been super strict with my diet at all. I'm aware of what i'm eating, but not obsessively counting and recording calories. I even have a beer or cocktail on a pretty regular basis. All in all, I'm fairly relaxed at this point. Not losing fast, but steadily improving.



Even though I'm still about 15 lbs away from the goal, I'm feeling great about my progress. At ~ 150lbs I wonder what I'll look like at 135. I certainly have more fat to lose and hopefully the remaining weight loss will burn that off. I'm also not under any delusion that I can pick up any ol' size six and wear it. High-end designers tend to cut their clothes smaller. So when I can easily slip into a Marc Jacobs size 6 - maybe THEN I'll have "arrived."

But despite my fashion motivations, there's nothing more rewarding than general sense of improved well-being that I have. I'm emotionally happier, mentally sharper, and more spiritually aware. It's amazing. The body truly is a temple.



Aura image via the-auras-expert.com.

While I like the new definition in my abs, my proudest progress is in my back. Just look at the difference from when I started! I'm looking forward to seeing less and less of those awful bra lines under my shirts. Bye bye back fat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment