Monday, May 17, 2010

Style Motivation: Swimwear

Published by EightyJane at 5:03 PM




It's beach season! That means months of calorie counting and sweating through my sports bras are about to be weighed against the mighty challenge of walking about in public wearing only my underwear (basically). Happily, I'm feeling very much up to the challenge. The funny thing is, in years gone by I've had a better body than I have now, but far less confidence. I don't need to look like a Victoria Secret model; I'm fairly fit and very happy. Cheers to that!

So for the first time maybe EVER I'm excited to go swimsuit shopping. The suit above, worn by Lauren Conrad, is so lovely. It'd be awesome to find one like that, although it does require a super flat tummy and my abs aren't quite there (yet!). Any time you have small strings are straps stretched across your mid-section they are prone to accentuate even the tiniest bit of chub there. Believe it or not, a regular, full tummy-baring bikini is actually more forgiving. I have my eye on a mix and match set at ASOS.com. It's got fun color and I always gravitate toward a top that will give my bust good support. Cute, no?



With the '50s revival in fashion, high-waisted suits have made a big comeback. I think these are cute... in theory. I have a high waist and a shortish torso, so I'm not sure how'd they work out on me.



Shop for these and more bathing suits at urbanoutfitters.com

Summer Essentials for Under $50

New Swim & Sandals

Lauren Conrad image via poponthepop.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment