Sunday, February 21, 2010

Viva Exercise TV!

Published by Mary at 6:09 PM



I've never been good at starving myself (not that that's EVER the way to go), so when I'm dieting getting regular and vigorous exercise is always very important. And since I'm not a runner (and I can't afford to take dance right now) I thank goodness for Exercise TV. I love using their on demand videos to get great cardio and toning workouts. The one draw back is
that the free videos on demand are only available for a limited time, so just when I find a favorite... it's gone. Thankfully, this weekend I discover the Exercise TV website. There's a wide selection of free full length workouts and although they may be available for a limited time as well, as least it broadens the selection of the video available on demand via cable.

Today I did two workouts:

Cardio Groove n Burn is about 30 minutes long including a warm up and cool down. I'd liken it to a low impact aerobics workout since a lot of time is spent teaching and practicing choreography at a slow pace. This one won't probably see heavy rotation in my routine, but it's good when you want something light and fun or if you are just starting and aren't quite sure about your stamina level.

KBC (Kickbox, Booty, Core) is only 20 minutes long, but it's considerably more intense. It's a circuit workout that will leave you breathing hard and feeling that beautiful burn in your abs and butt. I love workouts like this because you get a lot of bang for you time. I'll be doing this one on a regular.

2 comments:

Exercise TV said...

Keep up the hard work! Exercise TV will definitely get you the most bang for your buck!

Anonymous said...

I love all of ExercieTV's workouts OnDemand and Online! They are super motivating and I actually consider their videos a good workout!!! I always feel great after a one of their workouts... I love them!! And their store is the most amazing thing in the world - THEY HAVE THE BIGGEST SELECTION OF WORKOUT DVDs IVE EVER SEEN!!

Post a Comment