Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Is There Such a Thing as Diet Inertia?

Published by Mary at 9:07 PM



When you've been inactive for a while, the hardest part of exercising again is just starting. If you tried to get me to start a running program, I might seriously consider just getting used to my rolls and replacing all size 6s with size 10 dress. LUCKILY, there are plenty of other options. One of these is dance and, happily, I've always been able to dive right in to this activity.

So if it all depended on excercise alone, I'd be golden. Unfortunately, though, my goals require that I add curtailing my diet to my exercise plan. Argh! This is always what gets me. I can work out 2 hours a day everyday, but giving up my chips and salsa is soooo HARD!

How do I get over this initial diet inertia???

*********

What I ate today:

Breakfast
* handful of pretzel sticks
* spoon of peanut butter
* handful of potatoe chips
... yeah i know.

Lunch
* Tofurkey sausage
* Salad w/ Asian Dressing
* Fruit - strawberries, pineapple, and kiwi
... not bad, eh?

Snack
* Activa yogurt w/fiber

Dinner
* Zone Perfect bar

Snack
* Torilla Chips and Salsa :(

... i'm so weak. I need to do some planning, stat!

****

Exercise:

* 60 minutes of aerobic dance

0 comments:

Post a Comment