Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It's time for INSANITY!

Published by Mary at 1:38 PM



It's been quite a year for yours truly, Girl Six. I've gone from knocking on size 12 to fitting nicely into a six (the holy dress size grail) and bumped back up to size 8... Yep, it's true. I fell off the wagon. After working by butt off (literally) to reach my size 6 goal last spring I spend the summer having a heck of a lot more cocktails than workouts. My metabolism was on fire for a bit, so I managed to maintain but over the past month or so about 8-10 pounds have crept back onto my body. Thankfully, I haven't completely lost my sense of fitness. The work I did this year was about so much more than weight loss and that has proven useful in my effort to refocus and get back on track. Enter the Insanity workout by Shaun T:




Does it look tough? Well it is. Very tough. But it's the kind of tough that starts to feel good if you stick it out for a couple weeks. I say this as I'm only at the start of week 2... Doing Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred, however, give me this perspective because I remember how I eventually started looking forward to that 20 mins or so a day of mega sweat. I credit that shred program for the a lot of my success so I can only imagine with the Insanity workout can do for me if I stick with it. It's harder, has more variety, and lasts twice as long. And one of my favorite things about trainer Shaun T is that he places a good amount of emphasis on stretching and flexibility - an point that Ms. Michaels is sadly very bad at. What intrigues me most about the program is that the women in the videos are lean and toned by not at all bulky or overly cut. They look strong but feminine and that's exactly what I want.

Stay tuned next week for progress pictures and fitness test result.

Insanity: The Ultimate Cardio Workout and Fitness DVD Program

Insanity: The Ultimate Cardio Workout and Fitness DVD Program

0 comments:

Post a Comment